Stan Garfield is a knowledge management author, speaker, and community leader based in Northville, Michigan. He has worked in the field of knowledge management for 23 years.
Stan spent 8 years at Deloitte leading communities and enterprise social networking. Prior to that, he spent 25 years at HP, Compaq, and Digital Equipment Corporation. Stan launched Digital's first knowledge management program in 1996, helped develop the corporate KM strategy for Compaq, and led the Worldwide Consulting & Integration Knowledge Management Program for HP. He also worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers, St. Louis University School of Medicine, and Washington University School of Medicine.
Stan holds a BS in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science from Washington University in St. Louis. He leads the SIKM Leaders Community with over 750 members globally, and is invited to present at numerous conferences, including KMWorld, APQC, and SLA.
Stan has published over 500 articles on leadership, innovation, knowledge management, communities of practice, enterprise social networks, and social media.
• Implementing a Successful KM Program (2007)
• Successful Knowledge Leadership: Principles and Practice (2013), Chapter 5: The Modern Knowledge Leader: A Results-Oriented Approach
• Gaining Buy-in for KM (2014), Chapter 2: Obtaining support for KM: The ten commitments
• Measuring the ROI of Knowledge Management (2016), 2nd Edition, Chapter 7: The case against ROI for knowledge management
• Proven Practices for Promoting a Knowledge Management Program (2017)
• Knowledge Management Matters: Words of Wisdom from Leading Practitioners (2018), Chapter 6: Communities Manifesto
• Stan’s Knowledge Management Site: http://sites.google.com/site/stangarfield/
• Stan’s LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stangarfield/
• Stan’s LinkedIn Articles: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stangarfield/detail/recent-activity/posts/
• Stan’s Quora Answers and Posts: https://www.quora.com/profile/Stan-Garfield
• Stan’s Twitter Feed: http://twitter.com/stangarfield